Ask about this product
Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE For identification of Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria from water samples.
- Known as:
- Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE identification Escherichia coli coliform bacteria water samples.
- Catalog number:
- Product Quantity:
- Qty per Litre of Medium: 28
- Gene target:
- Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE For identification Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria from water samples.
Related genes to: Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE For identification of Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria from water samples.
- FCN2 NIH gene
- ficolin 2
- Previous symbol:
- P35, FCNL, EBP-37, ficolin-2
- Locus Type:
- gene with protein product
- Date approved:
- Date modifiied:
Related products to: Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE For identification of Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria from water samples.
Related articles to: Bromo Cresol Purple Broth w_Dextrose USE For identification of Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria from water samples.
- Pediatric-onset SLE (pSLE) is a multisystem autoimmune disease. Recently, the ficolin-2 (FCN2) gene has emerged as a potential candidate gene for susceptibility to SLE. - Source: PubMed
Publication date: 2019/06/10
Elkoumi M AEmam A AAllah M A NSherif A HAbdelaal N MMosabah AaaZakaria M TSoliman M MSalah ASedky Y MMashali M HElashkar S S AHafez S F MHashem M I AElshreif A MYoussef MaaFahmy D SSallam M MNawara A MElgohary E AAhmed A AFahim M SFawzi M MAbdou A MMorsi S SAbo-Alella D AMalek M MAnany H GSobeih A AElbasyouni H A AEl-Deeb F M
- One of the events occurring when a biomaterial is implanted in an host is the protein deposition onto its surface, which might regulate cell responses. When a biomaterial displays a compromised biocompatibility, distinct complement pathways can be activated to produce a foreign body reaction. In this article, we have designed different types of biomaterial surfaces to study the inflammation process. Here, we used different concentrations of (3-glycidoxypropyl)-trimethoxysilane (GPTMS), an organically-modified alkoxysilane as a precursor for the synthesis of various types of sol-gel materials functionalizing coatings for titanium implants to regulate biological responses. Our results showed that greater GPTMS surface concentrations induced greater secretion of TNF-α and IL-10 on RAW 264.7 macrophages. When implanted into rabbit tibia, osseointegration decreased with higher GPTMS concentrations. Interestingly, higher deposition of complement-related proteins C-reactive protein (CRP) and ficolin-2 (FCN2), two main activators of distinct complement pathways, was observed. Taking all together, inflammatory potential increase seems to be GPTMS concentration-dependent. Our results show that a greater adsorption of complement proteins can condition macrophage polarization. - Source: PubMed
Publication date: 2019/05/17
Araújo-Gomes NRomero-Gavilán FZhang YMartinez-Ramos CElortza FAzkargorta MMartín de Llano J JGurruchaga MGoñi Ivan den Beucken J J J PSuay J
- The aim of this study was to investigate the association between lectin pathway-related genetic variations and progression in IgA nephropathy. Biopsy-proven IgAN patients with eGFR ≥15 ml/min/1.73 m at baseline and a minimum follow-up of 12-months were enrolled. A total of 1,007 patients and 121 healthy controls were enrolled from two Chinese renal centers. The discovery cohort consisted of 606 patients, and the validation cohort consisted of 401 patients. First, promoters, all exons and their boundary regions of and were sequenced in 50 patients, and then 37 variations were identified. Of these variations, 7 expression-associated variations were selected and genotyped in the whole discovery cohort. We found that rs1800450 in and rs7851696 in were associated with an increased risk for ESRD as well as serum MBL or L-ficolin levels. However, only rs1800450 was successively validated for its association with ESRD (HR, 15.91; 3.27-77.34; = 0.001) in the fully adjusted model in the validation cohort. In addition, 2.7% of patients, and 2.5% of healthy controls carried rs1800450-AA. IgAN patients with rs1800450-AA lacked expression of MBL in both serum and renal tissue and had more severe tubulointerstitial damage. Furthermore, a combined effect of rs1800450-AA with a previously reported clinical risk score was observed in which patients with both a high clinical risk score (≥1%) and rs1800450-AA had a strikingly increased 10-years ESRD risk by 37.1-fold (7.17 to 192.13-fold). In summary, IgAN patients carrying rs1800450-AA have a high risk for renal function deterioration, probably due to inactivation of the complement MBL pathway. - Source: PubMed
Publication date: 2019/03/22
Ouyang YanZhu LiShi ManmanYu ShuwenJin YuanmengWang ZhaohuiMa JunYang MengZhang XiaoyanPan XiaoxiaRen HongWang WeimingZhang HongXie JingyuanChen Nan
- The role of the complement system in the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosis (SSc) is controversial. This study investigated the role of the lectin pathway of complement as a mediator of ischemia/reperfusion injury in SSc. - Source: PubMed
Publication date: 2019/03/18
Osthoff MichaelJaeger Veronika KHeijnen Ingmar A F MTrendelenburg MartenJordan SuzanaDistler OliverWalker Ulrich A
- Chronic hepatitis B (CHB) is a major global health burden. Liver fibrosis, an insidious process, is the main histopathological change in CHB that might lead to the end-stage liver disease if left untreated. The intermediate liver fibrosis (S2) is the optimal time to start antiviral therapy. The aim of the present study was to examine the proteomic changes in patients with CHB at different fibrotic stages, with a view to identify future serum biomarkers for S2. Ninety CHB patients were grouped into mild (S0-1), intermediate (S2), and severe liver fibrosis (S3-4) (61 men and 29 women; age 25-63 years). Isobaric tagging for relative and absolute quantitation was applied to screen proteins differentially expressed among the patient groups. Another 46 patients with CHB (age 25-59 years; 31 men and 15 women), and 16 healthy controls (age 26-61 years; 11 men and 5 women) were enrolled in a validation group. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay was used to verify the diagnostic value of the candidate biomarkers. We found 139 proteins that were differentially expressed between various fibrotic stage-paired comparisons. Five protein candidates were selected as potential biomarkers of S2 for further verification. Notably, ficolin-2 (FCN2) and carboxypeptidase B2 (CPB2) showed differential expression between patients and healthy controls. In conclusion, serum proteomic changes reported here offer new molecular leads for future research on biomarker candidates to identify liver fibrotic stages in CHB. In particular, FCN2 and CPB2 warrant further research on their possible mechanistic involvement in CHB pathogenesis. - Source: PubMed
Dai Yi-NingTu Yue-XingMeng DiChen Mei-JuanZhang Jia-JieGong Yu-HanTong Yong-XiWang Ming-ShanPan Hong-YingHuang Hai-Jun